Article Feature Submission
Deadline: The deadline for submitting a Feature Article is before publication on the 15th of the month.
- Articles should be written in layman’s terms and impart information in a way that does not sound self-serving. Think 8th-grade reading level.
- Rather than tackling a vast subject, it is better to focus on a particular segment (Example: Using Chinese Medicine to Treat Menopause rather than Everything You Want to Know About Chinese Medicine).
- Article submissions should include facts and/or statistics that would be of interest to our readers. Any medical claims should be accompanied by cited research or credible source(s).
- We reserve the right to edit all submissions if necessary; for longer features, a copy of revisions can be returned upon request, provided they are submitted by published deadlines.
- Please include a brief biography at the end of your article. Please understand that legitimate sources (i.e., medical journals, scientific studies, etc.) will improve the chances of your article being published.
- If your article has been published elsewhere, we are probably not interested.
- We cannot guarantee publication, and if accepted, we may not publish your piece immediately. If you would like us to keep the submission for future consideration, please let us know when submitting your article.
- Footnote all sources cited in detail: Books and magazines need a title, author, publisher, year, and the page number. Individuals need name, title, organization, phone, email, city, and company website. We won’t publish most of this, but it saves hours in fact-checking.
- Your original work will most likely be edited to fit our magazine’s style guidelines, and we reserve that right. If you wish to review edits to your submission, send it at least seven days before the deadline, and be accessible for consultation.